Developer’s Corner: MapStore 1.1.0 released!
This is the latest official release of MapStore, the simple and intuitive way to create, save and share maps.
MapStore is based on the GeoExplorer Open Source framework and is licensed under the GPL license.
With this release we have the following new features:
- added german translation to the UI supported languages
- added a new demo gallery with a brand new Marker Configure example
- new UI configuration options (customPanels, tab, portalConfig) to build a flexible interface for your map applications
- embed a map directly from MapManager
- many improvements to the WMSGetFeatureInfo plugin (optional tabbed view, single popup view, loading mask)
- loading mask for Metadata Explorer application
- many bugfixes included
If you need further info look at the complete list of included issues.
With MapStore you can mashup contents from Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, MapQuest, Bing or specific WMS services provided by you or third party content providers.
MapStore uses internally GeoStore, (the GeoSolutions Open Source engine for resource storing and retrieving) for managing users as well as maps definitions. Moreover MapStore uses Http-proxy to communicate with remote servers, such as the third party WMS services used in your maps.