GeoNode provides all the functionalities to create a complete GIS platform as it provides data and metadata management as well as rapid mapping capabilities to go from raw data to maps, dashboard and geostories with no development. Organizations all over the world use GeoNode to easily set-up a geospatial infrastructure to enable users to ingest, share, browse, preview, visualize and disseminate data. GeoNode is an Open Source and available for free through a GPL license; GeoNode is an OSGEO core project which gives users peace of mind of having a not-for-profit organization as the license holder for the project to ensure that it will be open forever.
GeoNode allows users to:
- upload data while managing permissions:
- edit data online (both geometries and attributes)
- prepare metadata
- style the data visually
- search and browse existing data
- visualize directly or as part of Maps (eventually with widgets) or GeoStories
- filter and download data
- upload geospatial data like shapefiles, CSV files and GeoTiff files as well as ancillary documents like PDF, Images, Videos, with the possibility to enable time based visualizations, as shown below.
GeoNode provides a rich administration user interface which provides analytics of user access as well as monitoring information of hardware and software resources.
GeoNode is an Open Source and available for free. It is written in Python and leverages well-known and robust open source products like:
If you want to check a few interesting implementations to get an idea about what other organizations are doing with GeoNode, please see the list below:
- UN WFP
- World Bank
- UNEP GRID
- Austrian Academy of Sciences
- EU Joint Research Center
- Arizona State University (US)
- VerticalGeo (US)
- MASEGO (US)
- Secondary Cities GeoNode (US)
- GB (GE)
- IBF Servizi (IT)
- MapStand (UK)
- Arpa Veneto (IT)
- Po river basin authority (IT)
- Uganda Bureau Of Statistics (UG)
- The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NO)
- EURAC (IT)
For an in-depth look at GeoNode you can play with the online demo at this link (you can freely create an account and start uploading data immediately). You can find more information at the links provided here below as well as in our portfolio or in our blog. We regularly provide talks about GeoNode (check our speakerdeck page) and webinars (check our youtube channel for past episodes).
We, as one the main developers and maintainers of GeoNode, provide development and support services for GeoNode under our Enterprise Support Services offer to make your deployment more robust and scalable, Subscription Services for deployment care and, Professional Training Services for knowledge transfer so you can acquire the confidence to manage your own GeoNode installation.