MapStore Release 2018.02.00: Dashboards and more
We are pleased to announce the new release 2018.02.00 of MapStore, our flagship Open Source WebGIS product. The full list of changes for this release can be found here, but the most interesting additions are the following:
- Dashboards: you can now create your own dashboard to mix maps with charts and other widgets to create advanced visualizations that you can save and share as you already do with maps
- Improved Homepage: we added support for featured maps and dashboards so that you can make most importan maps and dashboards more prominent
- Widgets: new Rich Text widget, available both for maps and dashboards
- Upgraded OpenLayers and Leaflet to latest versions
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
A dashboard is a new kind of resource available on MapStore. A dashboard is a single page that can contain maps, charts, tables, counters, legend and other widgets to create an immersive visualization of your data that goes beyond the simple mapping.
The various widgets can be connected to a map in order to filter data on the current map viewport so that as you interact with the map the widgets adapt their content dynamically.
Like maps, dashboards can be created, edited and shared with the other users via MapStore.
New Home page with featured resources
The new home page is much better (at least that is our hope) than the previous one, since we first of all did a deep refresh of its look&feel. Administrators can now mark maps and dashboards as “featured” to make them more prominent in the home page and therefore easier to discover for end users who can quickly find the most important content without using the search functionalities.
Below the featured content section you can find the usual list of maps in a tab together with an additional tab that shows dashboards.
New Rich Text widget
With the new Rich Text widget users can add to maps and dashboards rich content comprising of images, hyperlinks and formatted text as shown below. Copy and paste from HTML pages is supported as well.
For the next releases we have plans to work on the following (in sparse order):
- Integration with GeoNode
- Integrated styler for GeoServer
- Timeslide to support for WMS layers with TIME
- Support for more general map annotations, beyond simple markers further improvements to charts and dashboards
Stay tuned for additional news on the next features!
If you are interested in learning about how we can help you achieving your goals with open source products like GeoServer, Mapstore, GeoNode and GeoNetwork through our Enterprise Support Services and GeoServer Deployment Warranty offerings, feel free to contact us!
The GeoSolutions team,